I just learned that there is an asteroid hurtling towards earth. Wolf Blitzer has been freaking out about it. He said that the asteroid would hit the earth with the power of 50,000 tons of dynamite. Not enough to ruin all of earth, but that’s a ton of dynamite. Well, literally 50,000 tons. But if you’re not being literal about it, then it’s a ton. As in a lot of it.
Do you think the snow would cushion the blow from the asteroid?
Either way, it doesn’t really matter. Because when CNN says that an asteroid is hurtling towards earth, they really mean that it’s going to miss the earth by 17,000 miles. Or, in visual terms:
Anyhow, I braved the conditions and went for a short walk. It’s terrifying out there:
Stay safe everyone!
Feel free to go out to dinner everyone. I’ve got your back. Here’s a summary of the CNN coverage for the last 7 hours:
Here’s an updated photo of the state of things outside my apartment. You can compare it to the image I posted earlier. It’s getting really bleak out there.
Current highlights of my day:
1) A CNN reporter has the last name is Snow. Come on!
2) They interviewed a couple outside about how they were doing the right thing by staying inside. That doesn’t even make any sense.
3) Official “Hunker down” count: 41
4) Thinking about ordering Chinese food. Right?
What are your highlights? (please comment)
So far my favorite detail is the CNN roving coverage truck. After spending the last 4 hours reporting exclusively about how citizens will be jailed or fined for driving after 4 pm, the CNN truck continues to drive around so that we can look at snow.
In the meantime, here’s a live photo of the treacherous conditions outside of my apartment:
It’s just after 11 am in New York, and we are in the heart of Nemo. I can barely see out the window (but only because it’s filthy).
A sneak preview of how I plan to pitch in:
– Frequent blog updates reporting on the reports on the Weather Channel and CNN about the weather.
– Live pictures / videos / Stick FIgures from inside my apartment.
– Live tweeting / Retweeting the worst Finding Nemo jokes the internet can create
– Not changing my clothes for the next 48-127 hours (Sorry Anne. It’s a blizzard!)
– Making a snowman out of ice cream. Speaking of which, you can’t spell Snowmen without NEMO. Coincidence? No.
– Looking at funny pictures on Reddit.
– Having food delivered every 3-4 hours and vastly overtipping the delivery guy.
– Continuing to update my homemade Nemo Forecast Guide: