Spent some time with my dad this weekend. Here’s a short list of things he did to annoy me (this list is not exclusive):
– Woke me up 7 minutes earlier than I requested.
– Upon waking me up said, “Just want to make sure you have time to shower. But I’m getting into the shower now, so you have to wait.”
– Completely abandoned the use of turn signals while driving.
– Ran windshield wipers long after it stopped raining.
– Got ketchup on his upper lip and chin while eating. Would not wipe it off even after I flashed the international symbol for “you have something on your face.” (pointed to face, said “dad,” pointed to face again, mimicked wiping motion).
– Said he was going to call his internet provider because the internet was not working. Freaked out at first question, “do you have a modem?” Then handed me the phone to deal with the problem.
– Watched TV while I sat on hold for 45 minutes with internet provider.
– After delegating the task of “fixing internet” to me, stood one foot away from me starting the second a live agent picked up the call.
– During a round of golf said “that should be ok” when my ball was actually in the sand trap.
– After eating two burgers and a hot dog for lunch asked me if I could go and get him another burger. The burger stand was literally two feet away from where he was standing.
– On at least eleven different occasions, said “Did I ever tell you [insert story I’ve heard over 100 times]?” I said “Yes.” He then proceeded to tell the entire story anyway.
– Shuffled his feet while walking.
– Answered his cell phone while I was in the middle of a sentence.